Is it too early to talk about my goals for 2013? December isn’t even half over. But since we’re just getting to know each other and because I have been thinking about it lately, I thought I’d share my thoughts. I took some much-needed time off after the marathon and am just getting back into regularly running and gym-going and so I’m thinking about where I want to go from here. I’m not going to call these resolutions because who knows what the New Year will bring?
- Drop some weight. I know I said this was about getting fit, but part of getting fit is being at a good weight. I’m not sure what that is yet, but it’s not where I am now.
- Complete the New Rules of Lifting for Women strength training program. This is part of my plan to accomplish #1.
- Keep running. I inevitably lost some running fitness after the marathon. That is fine and expected. But I haven’t lost it all and for that I’m ecstatic. You have no idea how happy it makes me to start building up from where I am now instead of from 0.
- Get faster. I think dropping weight will help. So will speed work. I need to do it.
- Run some races. TBD on when and where though I have some ideas (but no commitments).
- Stop eating out. At least as much as I was. One of my Achilles’s heals. I’m participating in The Fitnessista’s December Dine-In Challenge. Today is the first day in December I ate out – for a lunch with work friends. I have a few more work lunches this month (one tomorrow!), but I’m trying to eat at home as much as possible. I hope this trend continues to the New Year as well!
So those are some of my very broad goals for 2013!